Yesterday we went to the shops with Grandma Jones, on a mission to look for all things 'weaning'.
We took a packed lunch for Sam consisting of a ricecake and a (fairtrade) banana. Unfortunately I got so carried away buying a vegetable steamer and a waterproof long-sleeved bib that I left the bag in the car and when we sat down to lunch we didn't have it with us - doh!
Grandma saved the day by donating some of her crusts and Sam made quick work of reducing them to a soggy mess...leaving a trail of destruction all over his bib and trousers, and the nice wooden high chair. Incidently, this was the first time I'd attempted to put him in a high chair (he has his food in the bumbo at home), I was a bit nervous but he sat up really well and looked like a pro, what a star!
Almost forgot to mention the result of the 'morning poo' investigation...I can proudly confirm that there was (if I am not mistaken as I am not an expert and do not usually look too closely at poo) a small piece of carrot - hooray!!
Today all our timings were wrong and Sam was asleep when Chris and I had lunch, then we were off to visit a friend (hello Christine - I enjoyed 'mummy's biscuits' very much thanks). Am very upset not to try out the new bib and to try and cook the sweet potato but they will have to wait 'til tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment