Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Mummy's cooking

Sam had his first taste of my cooking today...I think he liked it, I hope so anyway as he's stuck with it for the next 18 years or so!

Lunch was boiled carrot batons and a crust from my toast. Sam also seemed to like the look of my homemade spicy lentil soup (v v v thick) so I put a tiny bit on the end of his cow spoon and gave it to him, he stuck his hand in it and then smeared it all over his cheeks before getting the spoon into his mouth, then he spent ages sucking and chewing the spoon so I concluded that he liked it. I didn't give him any more because although I didn't add salt to the soup there is some bouillon vegetable stock in it which must have salt which is bad for babies apparently...


Sam seems to be getting better and better at finding his mouth but is still making a huge mess - the bib I got from Mothercare is a bit too hard and he has trouble bending his arms to reach his mouth when he wears it. I am going to try one of the Silly Billyz ones as they seem to have more flexible sleeves...I feel another shopping trip coming on!

No comments: