Thursday, 13 March 2008

First taste of fruit

Yesterday Sam was 25 weeks old and he took his first steps into the world of fruit.

On the way he met Mr Pear (who he didn't really get on with but whom Mummy liked a lot) and Mrs Strawberry. Mrs Strawberry was a completely different kettle of fish and he went mad for her!



I was a bit cautious as I have heard that strawberries can cause an allergic reaction in babies, with this in mind I was watching him like a hawk to see if his skin went red - it went red alright, along with 2 bibs and his nice stripey hoodie and the bumbo seat, but it was only strawberry juice and nothing untoward with his skin which was a relief.
He really enjoyed the strawberries; he ended up mauling two of them as one just wasn't enough, looks like he takes after his mum and Grandma in the strawberry loving stakes.

No comments: